[gmx-users] creating an rtp file

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Feb 24 10:49:57 CET 2005

Hi

Why do you want to create an rtp-file?
Which FF do you want to use?
For DNA I recommend AMBERFF (cause everyone does :) ), but
the group around Andrey Golovin did an implementation of DNA parameters
into OPLS recently, which can be found here:
http://rnp-group.genebee.msu.su/3d/oplsa_ff.html

It's still under development and testing, but it seems to work.
The number of DNA-atoms doesn't really matter. just do a pdb2gmx with
the right FF (which includes an rtp-file) and you'll receive a topology
to work with.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310