[gmx-users] Topology for hetroatom (PRODRG)

Alok alokjain at iitk.ac.in
Thu Feb 24 11:48:41 CET 2005

hello david,
                  I am attaching the rtp file for my LINKER (LIN)along
with this mail.

                                    H                           O
                                     |                             ||
                       -CA-C(-N-CA-CB-N1)-C-CA-
                                ||                         |
                                O                       H1

The  linker section (-NH-CH2-CH2-NH-) attached to the carbonly group of
two adjacent amino acids is as shown above.

Here CA and CB within my linker (shown in bold) atoms are of atom type CH2.

The rtp file for this linker was developed by checking the corresponding
"atom types" from the database topology file of gromacs.

rtp file:
[ LIN ]
 [ atoms ]
    N      N    -0.28000      0
    H      H     0.28000      0
    CA   CH2     0.00000      1
    CB   CH2     0.00000      2
    N1     N    -0.28000      3
    H1     H     0.28000      3
 [ bonds ]
   N    H       gb_2
   N    CA      gb_20
   CA   CB      gb_26
   CB   N1      gb_20
   N1   H1      gb_2
   N1   +C      gb_9
[ angles ]
;  ai    aj    ak   gromos type
  -C    N       H       ga_31
  -C    N       CA      ga_30
   H    N       CA      ga_17
   N    CA      CB      ga_12
   CA   CB      N1      ga_12
   CB   N1      H1      ga_17
   CB   N1      +C      ga_30
   H1   N1      +C      ga_31
 [ impropers ]
;  ai    aj    ak    al   gromos type
   N    -C      CA      H       gi_1
   N1   CB      +C      H1      gi_1
 [ dihedrals ]
;  ai    aj    ak    al   gromos type
   -CA   -C     N       CA      gd_4
   -C    N      CA      CB      gd_19
    N    CA     CB      N1      gd_17
    CA   CB     N1      H1      gd_19
    CA   CB     N1      +C      gd_19

But as i have mentioned before,pdb2gmx program does not read my LIN
molecule.

Please suggest something.
                                              Thanking you,
                                                Alok Jain