[gmx-users] Compilation Error on OSX

Amrapali Arshanapalli toamrapali at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:41:11 CET 2005

Hi,

According to the installation instructions on gromacs website, I
installed, configured and compiled FFTW version 2.1.5 on my OSX
machine. I then installed and configured Gromacs-3.1.tar.gz . I ended
up with an error while I was trying to compile Gromacs using 'make'
command.  The error is as follows:-

../../include/ppc_altivec.h:60: error: argument 0 to built-in function
`vec_splat_u32' does not satisfy constraint A
make[3]: *** [fnbf.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Can anyone help me with fixing this error? I would really appreciate
your inputs.

Looking forward for replies,

Thank you,
Amrapali