[gmx-users] Plotting .xvg files

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jan 11 14:08:09 CET 2005

Hi,

> Is there anyway to extract .xvg files and plot them? I know there is a
> software called grace which can do this, but is there any other way (e.g.,
> copy in excel) to do this job easily?

try xmgrace yourfile.xvg and you will see it^s a nice graph, easier and better
than excel. You can also open yourfile.xvg and see it^s all ascci in it, so
you can export it to any statistical or plotting software (like gnuplot ) you
want.

Greetings,

Florian

 Florian Haberl                            Universitaet Erlangen/
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum    Nuernberg
                                                      Naegelsbachstr. 25
                                                      D-91052 Erlangen
  Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de