[gmx-users] monitoring trans-cis transition of proline residue

Shang-Te Danny Hsu hsu at nmr.chem.uu.nl
Mon Jan 17 13:32:36 CET 2005

Hi GMX users,

I am trying to monitor spontaneous tran-cis transition of a proline
residue with a peptide starting from an extended conformation with the
proline residue bearing either trans or cis configuration. Using default
pdb2gmx I got the same topology files for both (trans and cis) peptides
and the cis form quickly switched to a trans form after a short md
equilibration. It is presumably due to the definition of a trans
configuration of proline within the topology file.

Has anyone done such simulation to derive the ratio of between trans and
cis forms of a proline residue? Although someone has reported appearance
of an undesired cis form at high temperature (1000K), I would like to
simulation the system at low temperature (ca 280K) and the energy
barrier is unlikely to be overcome with the default setting.

Cheers,
--
Shang-Te Danny HSU
Department of NMR Spectroscopy