[gmx-users] 4 processor system

shouliang dong shouliangdong at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 04:21:00 CET 2005

I have a 4 cpu system. I compiled gromacs with the flags:
--enabled-threads --enabled-mpi...... When I run mdrun with -nt 4 (it
should be use 4 cpu) flag, it showed me that "Fatal error: GROMACS
compiled without threads support - can only use one thread
[0] MPI Abort by user Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_5482:  p4_error: : -1
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Success"

I read some messages about how to run mdrun on dual cpu system. It
seamed that I need use the LAM-MPI. It is necessory or not for me? How
should I do for the 4 cpu system?

Thanks a lot!

Shouliang