[gmx-users] Who ever used CCl4 solvent?

xieyh at hkusua.hku.hk xieyh at hkusua.hku.hk
Mon Jan 24 15:42:53 CET 2005

Dear users:

I simulated a system with one protein in CCl4 solvent, which is downloaded from
GMX contributions. Everything looks smooth.

Because in my simulation, an electric field is applied. If solvent is water, the
protein chain will make some transition as the response to electric field.
However, when I use CCl4 as solvent also under electric field, the chain did
not make the similar transition, except little changes in its conformation.

I am not very familiar with the properties of CCl4, anybody know why this will
happen?

Thanks very much.

Xie YH
Hong Kong Univ.