[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 6

Pim Schravendijk schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Tue Jul 5 14:59:46 CEST 2005

> Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:18:54 -0400
> From: Brian Stephenson <bcstephe at MIT.EDU>
> Subject: [gmx-users] restarting runs
>
> Hi all,

> I've  noticed things like this using GROMACS before--when I restart runs
> using my old output as my new starting point,
> the initial behavior seems unequilibrated.

> Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Do you use pressure coupling? It might have to do with your coupling
starting unequilibrated.

You coulda avoid this by, when you restart a run, doing this by using
tprconv and use the last complete frame from your .trr file and .edr file.

Hope this helps, Pim

--
Pim Schravendijk - PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research