[gmx-users] xvg and xmgrace...

mekanix mekanix at aruba.it
Wed Jul 13 12:34:22 CEST 2005

Hi to all,
I'm new to this mailing list...
I'm doing my Thesis and I need to use gromacs and xmgrace.

I don't know if this is the correct mailing list for my problem, but I hope
it...

I have to plot different datasets together! The problem is, that sometimes
to an X value not all datasets have a corresponding Y value.
ex. 123     5      7
   124     8      9
   125            2
   126     4      5
   127     2      1
   128     6      9

xmgrace can't understand it, I've had to split this 2 datasets in 3
different xvg files: one containing the first 2 values of the first dataset,
one with the last three values of it, and one with the second dataset...

Then I open simultaneously the 3 xvg files...

Does someone knoe if exist a better way to do what I need??

if not... I need the same colour for lines of the same dataset yet their
informations are in different files...

Thank's to all
Rodolfo