[gmx-users] Floating Exception - ngmx

Bartlett, Gail J g.bartlett at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 18:13:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've installed gromacs on a solaris box. In going through the tutorial
material and when I try to view the trajectory of the c_peptide using
ngmx, I get a floating exception - the ngmx program flicks up for a
second and then disappears. What have I done wrong?! Any help gratefully
appreciated. Best regards,  Gail

ngmx -f cpeptide_md.trr -s cpeptide_md.tpr
                         :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:
<snip>
                                       :-)  ngmx  (-:

Option     Filename  Type         Description
  -f cpeptide_md.trr  Input        Generic trajectory: xtc trr trj gro
g96 pdb
  -s cpeptide_md.tpr  Input        Generic run input: tpr tpb tpa xml
  -n      index.ndx  Input, Opt.  Index file

      Option   Type  Value  Description
      -[no]h   bool     no  Print help info and quit
      -[no]X   bool     no  Use dialog box GUI to edit command line
options
       -nice    int      0  Set the nicelevel
          -b   time     -1  First frame (ps) to read from trajectory
          -e   time     -1  Last frame (ps) to read from trajectory
         -dt   time     -1  Only use frame when t MOD dt = first time
(ps)

Reading file cpeptide_md.tpr, VERSION 3.2.1 (single precision)
trn version: GMX_trn_file (single precision)
Reading frame       0 time    0.000   Opening library file
/usr/biosoft/packages/gromacs/3.2.1/share/top/aminoacids.dat
Opening library file
/usr/biosoft/packages/gromacs/3.2.1/share/top/export.dlg
Opening library file
/usr/biosoft/packages/gromacs/3.2.1/share/top/bonds.dlg
Opening library file filter8jaaas
Reading file cpeptide_md.tpr, VERSION 3.2.1 (single precision)
Reading file cpeptide_md.tpr, VERSION 3.2.1 (single precision)
Floating exception