[gmx-users] position restraint on crystal water

Dilraj Lama dennis at iitk.ac.in
Thu Jul 14 15:30:40 CEST 2005

Thanks again David,
                  But I have tried that also. I have included the statement

 [ position_restraints ]
1 1 1000 1000 1000

(as you have suggested)

after the hoh.itp file (for crystal water), but  it restrains all the crystal water molecules and
not only the crystal water of my intrest as I am intrested to restrain only some of the crystal
water and not all.

Also in this case grompp gives me a new error.

number of coordinates in coordinate file (out.gro, 96613) <-- out.gro produced by genbox program
does not match topology (*.top, 96982)

I suspect the reason for this error is that when genbox program produces the out.gro file it also
counts crystal water as a solvent so that the number of atoms in out.gro files is actually less by
369 (123*3=369) atoms. So i subtracted the number of SOL molecule in *.top file by 123., then it
works fine. is it is the correct way to do that ?????? or i did wrong?????

But my first problem hstill exists i.e. "HOW CAN WE APPLY POSTION RESTRAIN ON SELECTED CRYSTAL
WATER MOLECULES"??????????

I am very much thankfull for your kind help.

Regards,
Dilraj Lama