[gmx-users] energy and charge groups

Guillem Portella gportel at gwdg.de
Thu Jul 21 13:16:55 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm currently trying to monitor the energy of individual water molecules
( tip4p). When I defined one of them as an energy group, grompp complains

"Fatal error: atoms 30463 and 30465 in charge group 12310 are in different
energy groups"

where one of the atoms belongs to the energy group I'm defining and the other
belongs to SOL. It seems to me that grompp puts different water molecules in
the same charge group. I tried to create and individual itp file for each of
the molecules I'm interested in, but the result is the same.

Am I right? Does anybody know how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Guillem

 Guillem Portella
 Computational biomolecular dynamics group at the
 Am Fassberg 11
 D-37077 Goettingen -- Germany --
 phone: ++49-551-2012309
 fax: ++49-551-2012302