[gmx-users] problem with thermodynamic integration simulation

Parag Mukhopadhyay tuna_mukho at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jul 21 20:25:34 CEST 2005

I am trying to run thermodynamic integration
simulation to calculate the relative free energy of
slovation between 2-methyl-3-phenylpropylamine( state
A) and 3-phenylpropylamine(state B) by changing carbon
of CH3 (in A) to hydrogen and methyl hydrogen atoms to
dummy atoms (in B)

 For the simulation in water at lamda=1.00 the
molecule if breaking apart. The log file shows
relative constarint deviation after LINCS. However,
the simulation in vacuo (at lamda= 1.00) works fine
and I don't have any problem with any of the
intermediate lamda (and lamda = 0.00) values in either
water or vacuo simulations.

I have tried energy minimizing and then used the
output structure for the md run but it does not help.
I am using OPLS parameters for the molecule (.top file
attached). I have also attached the mdp options I am
using. I will really appreciate any suggestion on how
to fix the problem.

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends 'n family snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://in.photos.yahoo.com