[gmx-users] RE: Insertion of protein in lipid bilayer

Graham Smith graham.smith at biiuk.com
Fri Jul 29 13:00:22 CEST 2005

>From naga raju nagaraju_cy at yahoo.co.in
>Tue Jul 26 12:48:31 CEST 2005

>1) To genarate *.tpr file which pdb file to be taken,
>initial structure or generated by make_hole.pl
>program.

generated by make_hole.pl

>2)After doing above process, i couldn't see the hole
>in the molecule. Could you tell me the correct
>procedure.

Run with debugsurf = yes in the mdp file, and view the pdb file that it
will write. You will be able to check that some atoms do really have
"hole-making" forces on them.

If nothing happenes, increase the force constant? (you might need
restraints to keep the leaflets together).

Graham

Dr Graham R. Smith
Biosystems Informatics Institute
2nd Floor, Bioscience Centre
International Centre for Life
Times Square
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 4EP

Phone: +44 (0)191 211 2606
Mobile: +44 (0)7812 455 010
Fax: +44 (0)191 211 2598
e-mail: graham.smith at biiuk.com
http://www.biiuk.com

Disclaimer:
The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient or have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender by e-mail or telephone (+44 (0)191 211 2560) and delete it from your
system and destroy any copies of it. Any copying, retransmission, distribution, action
taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance upon it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Please note that whilst steps have been taken by BII to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are virus free, neither BII nor the sender accepts responsibility for viruses
and the recipient should ensure that the e-mail and attachments (if any) are actually
virus free.