[gmx-users] Performance

M.Naser mn2 at hw.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 17:13:26 CEST 2005

Hi Anton,

Thank you very much for your response. Which constrian algorithm would you
advise to use, shake or lincs?

Another basic question: how the system propagate in Gromacs? - is it on
the basis of atoms or centre of mass?

With regards,

Abu

> M.Naser wrote:
>> Hi Anton,
>>
>> Thanks for your very informative reply. What sort of contraint is
>> normally
>> used?
>
> use:
> dt = 0.002
> and:
> constraints = all-bonds
>
> in your .mdp file
>
> If you want more performance you can use the 'dummy atom' constructions
> David suggested. If you use pdb2gmx to generate your topology, you can
> use 'pdb2gmx -dummy hydrogens' to do that. You should also read (and
> cite, if you publish ;-) the following:
>
> K. Anton Feenstra, Berk Hess and Herman J. C. Berendsen. Improving
> Efficiency of Large Time-scale Molecular Dynamics Simulations of
> Hydrogen-rich Systems. (1999) J. Comput. Chem. 20 (8), 786-798
>
> (there is a link to the pdf file from my homepage...)
>

> --
> Groetjes,
>
> Anton
>
> * NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *
>
>   _____________ _______________________________________________________
> |  _   _  ___,| K. Anton Feenstra                                     |
> | / \ / \'| | | Dept. of Pharmacochem. - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
> |(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands   |
> | \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
> |             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
> |             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail message is subject to http://www.hw.ac.uk/disclaim.htm