[gmx-users] Running mpi gromacs on solaris 9

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Thu Jun 2 11:45:43 CEST 2005

itai bloch wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have tried to install gromacs on solaris 9.
> I am not an expert in this so I will try to describe my problem the best...
>
> I have managed to install the double precision version.
> BUT, when I installed mpi gromacs on the same machine, I had two problems:
>
> 1. Using grompp (on 4 nodes) has given an extra error (that didn't
> occur on other mechine we used for the same system) - that the system
> is not neutral (although I added counter ions). Its a minor charge
> ("System has non-zero total charge: 2.290308e-05") but I have never
> had such thing before and also when I use dp gromcs it doesn't
> happened.

Roundoff error.

By the way, there is no such thing is grompp on 4 nodes...

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *

| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |