[gmx-users] water molecule can not be settled,what could be the cause?

T.A.Wassenaar T.A.Wassenaar at rug.nl
Fri Jun 3 09:24:43 CEST 2005

Hi Jian Zou,

One reason for this may be that a water molecule is
trapped inside a protein. It can start to oscillate and at
a certain moment jump to overlap with the protein, causing
the failure. If you find a single water molecule buried
inside your protein after using genbox, you may want to
remove it (or several single water molecules). It is also
possible that you're suffering from problems related to
the box, for that it's necessary to know the box type you
use, the version of gromacs and the .mdbp file you use.
But first try the other thing :)

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk