[gmx-users] TIP4P water shrinks during energy minimization

Valentin Gogonea v.gogonea at csuohio.edu
Sat Jun 4 20:20:08 CEST 2005

Dear GMX Users:

I am trying to perform energy minimization on a box of TIP4P water with
a small organic molecule using OPLS force field. When I use the option
-DFLEXIBLE the water seems to shrink and I get high forces. I used both
"steep" and "l-bfgs" minimizers and got the same behavior. With "cg"
minimizer the optimization crashes giving  "nan" for coordinates.

I may do something wrong here and I wonder if any of you experienced
this.

I included here the mdp file and a picture of the "optimized" box.

Thank you for your help.

Valentin