[gmx-users] grompp cpp pre-processor

Nathan Moore nmoore at physics.umn.edu
Tue Jun 7 02:56:43 CEST 2005

This now works on the apple serial system I have, and the results I can
generate there make sense.  That said, I'd like to run the code on a much
larger production parallel system.  Is the grompp command a stand-alone
executable?  I don't have access to the shell on the parallel system and
am worried that it will fail there (I'll have to try tomorrow).

In the same vein, different approach, Can I run the command,
     grompp -f grompp.mdp -p topol.top -c conf.gro -o villin.tpr
one one ppc32 architecture and use the resulting villin.tpr binary (osX)
on a different ppc32 system (linux) with mdrun_d?  Is the binary file
platform-specific?

thanks,  this list is an enormous help!

NT Moore