[gmx-users] Fatal error message

Jordi Camps jcamps at lsi.upc.edu
Fri Jun 10 00:53:50 CEST 2005

Dear Ahmed,

I think that your problem is with the spaces embedded in the path. I suggest
you to try 4 workarounds (I hope some one will work):
	1. Surround the complete path to cpp with " in the .mdp file.
	2. Add the path where cpp resides to your PATH system variable. Then
change the .mdp line that contains the complete path with only the
executable (cpp).
	3. Escape the spaces in your path to cpp with backslashes in the
.mdp file.
	4. Install Gromacs (or only the cpp tool) in a folder without spaces
(ex.: c:\gromacs)

All this suggestions are based in the information of the previous message.
If you have now the cpp tool in /WINDOWS/system32/wbem/cpp, the the
workaround that suggested David should work. Change slashes (/) by
backslashes (\) and perhaps add the drive letter (c:).

Hope this helps :-)

See you!

--
Jordi Camps Puchades
Instituto Nacional de Bioinformatica (INB) Nodo Computacional GNHC-2
Catalunya (Spain)                 e-mail: jcamps at lsi.upc.edu