[gmx-users] Error: mdrun expects it for 1 node

Jeffrey Chua chuademon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 10:49:48 CEST 2005

Thank you "T.A.Wassenaar" for the help.

I encountered something new.  Whenever i try to do an mdrun on 11
nodes (parallel), I get the following message:

Back Off! I just backed up md.log to ./#md.log.2#
Reading file pepgromp.tpr, VERSION 3.2.1 (double precision)
Fatal error: run input file pepgromp.tpr was made for 11 nodes,
             while mdrun_d expected it to be for 1 nodes.

It works fine whenever I make the .tpr file using only 1 node...  hope
somebody could explain this to me in very simple terms since im a very
very recent user to linux also.

Thanks.

Jeff Chua