[gmx-users] Saving trajectories during a dynamics run at a certain time intervals

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Thu Jun 23 10:07:57 CEST 2005

Rob Carlson wrote:

> Hi Gromacs users,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to start a dynamics simulation and
> save trajectories only during a certain interval of the simulation.
>
> For example, if I ran a simulation for 20 ns, could I start saving
> trajectories after 15 ns has passed?

Not directly, but you could first run for 15 ns. without writing
trajectories. mdrun will always write the final coordinates and
velocities to your traj.trr file, and using that you can continue the
run (using 'grompp -t traj.trr') with output options (in your .mdp file)
set differently.

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *

| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |