[gmx-users] dg/dl unit

Justin MacCallum jlmaccal at ucalgary.ca
Fri Nov 4 01:51:43 CET 2005

Hi Michael,

I'd like to see slow growth left in. As you mentioned its still
useful for Jarzynzski type things. Also, I use it for a number of
other nefarious purposes such as inserting small molecules into
bilayers at various locations in an automated fashion. I'm not
calculating the free energy, but its nice to be able to start with a
ghost particle and turn it into a real one. Its much more reliable
than trying to insert the molecule than energy minimize, especially
when setting up hundreds of simulations.

Justin

Justin MacCallum
PhD Student
Departement of Biological Sciences