[gmx-users] installation gromacs 3.3

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Nov 4 21:16:20 CET 2005

Vincent Ballenegger wrote:
> Dear gmx-users,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade to gromacs 3.3, but have a little problem with the
> installation of the new version.
> I did the following (on a Linux SuSE 9.2 machine with a Pentium IV processor)
> 1) make uninstall (to uninstall gromacs 3.2.1)

I would not expect 'make uninstall' for gromacs 3.3 to be able to
uninstall any arbitrary previous version of gromacs... for a start it
won't know where you put it. In particular, 'make links' was needed in
gromacs 3.2.1 to get the symlinks you describe made & I expect the links
you describe are left over from then... check the file modification
times. By default gromacs 3.3 will put itself in /usr/bin - I suspect
the executables you describe are still 3.2.1...