[gmx-users] how can I create a fcc cell?

Manuel Kremer manuel.kremer at tu-clausthal.de
Tue Nov 8 14:57:04 CET 2005

Dear gmx-users,

For further DFT studies of my system (simple molecule in a water
environment) it is necessary to do the gromacs simulation in an fcc
cell. So I need angles between the basis vectors of 60 degrees. I tried
the following:

editconf -f name.gro -o -bt triclinic -box 5 5 5 -angles 60 60 60
genbox -cp out -cs -p name.top -o b4em

But if I want to view the result after energy minimalization with ngmx
or vmd it is still a cubic box (the molecules are partially outside the
box ngmx draws - even if I choose a triclinic box).

What am I doing wrong? How do I have to change my editconf and/or my
genbox parameters?

Thanks for any help

Manuel