[gmx-users] to Maik Goette about introduction of ZN in proteins.

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Nov 10 14:25:40 CET 2005

Hi

1)
No, I added them directly to the sections in the topology.
I made a python script for that, which does a neighbour search for the
zincs in the gro-file, measures the distances/angles and includes the
parameters in the topology file. I can send it to you, but there's, as
usual, no guarantee.
You should also have python and several packages installed.
2)
Right, I changed it to 0.773...this is also done by the script
3)
Yes and No...I simply took the original (unprotonated!) CYS...The charge
of the sulphur and (in my case) histidin is also changed by the script.

Everything was changed directly in the topology file.
You may have to insert an unprotonated CYS in the RTP- and
HDB-file...but I'm not sure, because I never did anything with the GMX-FF.
In the AMBER-port, I use, there is an unprotonated CYS included.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310