[gmx-users] problems with gromacs angle restraints

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 00:17:40 CET 2005

David,

I'm not using FEP in these calculations.

Looking at these routines they look fine, but I'm wondering where
pdihs.phiA and pdihs.phiB are set. My suspicion is that either (a)
they are converted from degrees into radians twice (as this conversion
happens once in the dopdihs_min routine, and possibly also when
they're first set), or (b) they are never set and thus assumed zero.

I haven't been able to find where these are set for the F_ANGRES case.
I have to admit I'm a bit of a novice to the code, but it looks like
they're set for F_ANGRESZ in convparm.c, but the case statement there
for F_ANGRES is empty. In fact, I can't find a case statement anywhere
in the code for F_ANGRES which does anything. There are just a bunch
of empty case statements. (i.e. "grep -r F_ANGRES *" in the src
directory only turns up empty case statements. Is this the problem?

If you can't help me out here, I'll know a little more later, because
I'm trying a couple test runs where I vary the preferred angle
drastically to see if it makes any difference in the restraining
energies I'm getting.

Thanks,
David