[gmx-users] Handling of charge field in PDB files by x2top

Nathan C. Rockwell ncrockwell at ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 16 18:34:02 CET 2005

I would be concerned that the 'charge' field in PDB format is only 2
characters; that pretty much limits one to formal charges rather than the
partial charges most force fields use.

If the PDB charges are really the ones you want, you'll probably need to do
write something; it might be easiest to generate the topology first and then
have a script to rewrite the charges.

cheers,
nr