[gmx-users] problems building gromacs 3.3 with mpi on MacOS X 10.4

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Thu Nov 17 15:30:15 CET 2005

    Has anyone tried building gromacs 3.3 with on MacOS X 10.4?
I find that I can build gromacs 3.3 with shared library support
against a shared lib version of lam 7.0.6. However when I pass
'-enable-mpi --program-suffix=_mpi' to configure and try to
build the mpi support in gromacs, I see link errors when
liblammpio.a is automatically linked into the build by mpicc.
The errors are ld related claiming that common symbols aren't
allowed when -multi_module is in use. Any idea how to work
around such problems.
              Jack