[gmx-users] ATP and ADP topologies for the OPLS force field

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:27:11 CET 2005

re: Mark's comment, pdb2gmx doesn't seem to be able to do the atom typing,
etc., necessary to be able to deal with general small molecules. Or if it
can in some cases, at least not the cases in which I've tried it. :) I think
it's geared primarily towards proteins. But Mark is right -- the output from
PDB in .itp format is not all-atom. You can get nominally all-hydrogen mol2
files out but then you still have to have some way of converting these to
gromacs topologies. And it sometimes leaves out hydrogens, too, in my
experience.