[gmx-users] g_dipoles

Viswanadham Sridhara muta.mestri at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 21:26:54 CET 2005

Thanks again David.
tpbconv was very useful instead of re-running the simulations and I could
find the dipole moment of the two groups separately and very quickly
I have one more quick question related to this course of emails about
g_dipoles.
Once dipole moment of some biomolecule is calculated, what is a better way
of finding the permittivity of such cluster of homogeneous molecules.
In a better sense, did anyone tried to find the permittivity of the lipid
tails using gromacs??. I know g_dielectric command can help one to find
permittivity, but I find more appropriate and easier if I calculate
dielectric constant from dipole moment using Clausius-Mossotti relation.
I just wanted to know how to find permittivity of such complex, and are
there any other equations which helps me to find the permittivity of
lipids(without headgroups)??
Best regards,
Viswam.