[gmx-users] does --with-external-blas --with-external-lapack work?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Fri Nov 18 05:46:56 CET 2005

    I decided to try to use the vecLib lapack/blas routines on
MacOS X instead of the ones provided by gromacs in a build of
gromacs 3.3. However I noticed that even with the configure flags
'--with-external-blas --with-external-lapack' and passing...

LIBS='/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib'

to configure, I still seem to be linking in the internally copies
of these routines...

/usr/bin/ld: warning suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding may result in errors or different symbols being used
symbol _dasum_ used from dynamic library ../gmxlib/.libs/libgmx_mpi.4.0.0.dylib(single module) not from earlier dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib(single module)

Do I need to do anything else to prevent the internal lapack routines from
being used or is this feature of gromac's configure simply broken?
           Jack