[gmx-users] General Questions abdout gromacs

Cesar Araujo cesar.araujo at oulu.fi
Tue Nov 22 08:07:14 CET 2005

Hi,

I was using "nohup" command. With it the applications run at a little bit lower
priority than normal but SIGHUP signals are ignored, so you can close safely
your ssh or xterm sessions while your mdrun instance are still running.

This is the syntax:

> nohup mdrun <your args> &

All the stdout output is automatically redirected to nohup.out text file.
Perhaps you can redirect your stderr too, but also you should check the log
files for error or warning messages.

Regards,
César.-

Message: 1