[gmx-users] question on lipid simulation

Longzhu Shen lzshen at emails.bjut.edu.cn
Wed Nov 23 12:48:48 CET 2005

Hello,

I am a biginner of gromacs, Wondering which force field should I use to
perform phospholipid simulation? What's more, the system also contains a
small peptide. I'd like to choose gromos96 field. But the manual said this
force field is not suitable for lipid. So would it be reasonable for me to
use two different force fields(one for the protein and the other for the
peptide) in one simulation? If so, how to do that? Highly appreciate your
kind reply.

sinerely,

Longzhu