[Bulk] [gmx-users] tpbconv to continue a run that has

Cesar Araujo cesar.araujo at oulu.fi
Fri Nov 25 07:52:41 CET 2005

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:09:41 +0800
From: Yang Ye <leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Bulk] [gmx-users] tpbconv to continue a run that has
        finishes
To: wurl04 at iccas.ac.cn,        Discussion list for GROMACS users
        <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

Hi,

I have the same problem and the reason was that I forgot to save velocities in
trajectory file in addition to coordinates data. If you are not recording
velocities (option nstvout not equal 0 in mdp file) tpbconv cannot determine
how to continue with your simulation, then it restarts from scratch. As a
reference, for a 6ns simulation I was using a value of 25000 for both nstxout
and nstvout. Maybe you want also to record force (nstfout option) that let you
obtain more information on data analysis.

So in conclusion, you will have to restart the simulation from scratch and do
not forget to add the nstxout/nstvout/nstfout options in mdp files.

Regards,
César.-

--
Cesar Araujo, Lic. of Chemistry