[gmx-users] version 3.3 - Range checking error

Joanne Hanna J.F.Hanna at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Nov 27 21:20:41 CET 2005

Hi

The output from the single precision tpr with mdrun_d in gmx 3.3 is as follows;

Program mdrun_d, VERSION 3.3
Source code file: nsgrid.c, line: 226

Range checking error:
Explanation: During neighborsearching, we assign each particle to a grid
based on its coordinates. If your system contains collisions or parameter
errors that give particles very high velocities you might end up with some
coordinates being +-Infinity or NaN (not-a-number). Obviously, we cannot
put these on a grid, so this is usually where we detect those errors.
Make sure your system is properly energy-minimized and that the potential
energy seems reasonable before trying again.

Variable ci has value 5785. It should have been within [ 0 .. 5760 ]
Please report this to the mailing list (gmx-users at gromacs.org)

"Don't Follow Me Home" (Throwing Muses)

Program mdrun_d, VERSION 3.3
Source code file: nsgrid.c, line: 226

Range checking error:
Explanation: During neighborsearching, we assign each particle to a grid
based on its coordinates. If your system contains collisions or parameter
errors that give particles very high velocities you might end up with some
coordinates being +-Infinity or NaN (not-a-number). Obviously, we cannot
put these on a grid, so this is usually where we detect those errors.
Make sure your system is properly energy-minimized and that the potential
energy seems reasonable before trying again.

Variable ci has value 5785. It should have been within [ 0 .. 5760 ]
Please report this to the mailing list (gmx-users at gromacs.org)

"Don't Follow Me Home" (Throwing Muses)

Error on node 2, will try to stop all the nodes
Halting parallel program mdrun_d on CPU 2 out of 4
Program mdrun_d, VERSION 3.3
Source code file: nsgrid.c, line: 226

Range checking error:
Explanation: During neighborsearching, we assign each particle to a grid
based on its coordinates. If your system contains collisions or parameter
errors that give particles very high velocities you might end up with some
coordinates being +-Infinity or NaN (not-a-number). Obviously, we cannot
put these on a grid, so this is usually where we detect those errors.
Make sure your system is properly energy-minimized and that the potential
energy seems reasonable before trying again.

Variable ci has value 5785. It should have been within [ 0 .. 5760 ]
Please report this to the mailing list (gmx-users at gromacs.org)

"Don't Follow Me Home" (Throwing Muses)

Error on node 3, will try to stop all the nodes
Halting parallel program mdrun_d on CPU 3 out of 4
Error on node 1, will try to stop all the nodes
Halting parallel program mdrun_d on CPU 1 out of 4

gcq#84: "Don't Follow Me Home" (Throwing Muses)

MPI: On host skua.csc.warwick.ac.uk, Program /users/msrcbk/gromacs33/bin/mdrun_d                                                                             , Rank 2, Process 2072 called MPI_Abort(<communicator>, -1)

MPI: --------stack traceback-------

gcq#84: "Don't Follow Me Home" (Throwing Muses)

gcq#84: "Don't Follow Me Home" (Throwing Muses)

sh: line 1: idb: command not found

MPI: -----stack traceback ends-----
MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 2 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
MPI: aborting job

********************

this message was given in my pbs  output file after 115ps of simulation.

Does this help pinpont the problem?

Thanks
Jo

Joanne Hanna
Department of Chemistry
University of Warwick
Coventry
CV4 7AL

J.F.Hanna at warwick.ac.uk
Joanne Hanna wrote:

>Hello
>
>What I did was to use the files that were the output from a posres md 500ps run in v 3.2.1 (posres on protein, truc oct box spc water) and do grompp_d with v 3.3 and then mdrun_d with v3.3

Please compare the single and double precision tpr files using gmxcheck.
In addition try to reproduce the problem by using the single precision
tpr file with mdrun_d. If the tpr files are different there may be a
problem with grompp, if they are identical there may be a problem with
mdrun_d. Either way it is necessary to find out what is going on. If you
can pinpoint the problem please submit a bugzilla.

--
David.
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755