[gmx-users] NVT

Junfang.Zhang at csiro.au Junfang.Zhang at csiro.au
Wed Nov 30 07:04:34 CET 2005

Dear Gromacs-users,

I am going to use Gromacs to simulate gas hydrates.

As I am new to this software, I am wondering if you can help me with
some questions.

Currently, I am looking at the system of water+methane. Can you please
let me know how to keep the total number of molecules fixed or specify
the number of water molecules and methane molecules?

 If I use the following command

Genbox  -cs  water.gro  -ci    methane.pdb -nmol 8 -box 2 2 2 -o out.gro

to generate out.gro file, the number of methane molecules  can be
specified, but not the water molecules.

Your assistance will be deeply appreciated.

Regards and thanks,

Jane