[gmx-users] User defined Potential Table

Yang Ye leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 07:02:50 CEST 2006

Hi, Rahul

You need an index file for this purpose. Use make_ndx to generate an
index file which contains one group including all atoms. Name this group
as system. Then, you may take down the atom number for those 3-4
combinations and put them as one group in the index file, while removing
them from the [ system ]. Name this new group as [ WCA ].

In your mdp file, put following lines

energygrps          =  system WCA
table-extension     =  0
energygrp_table     =  WCA WCA

Then you need to generate the parameter file, name them as
table_WCA_WCA.xvg. A complete list shall include all combination of the
group, WCA v.s. system, system v.s. system. But they shall follow the
standard way, so you may just skip the definition.

For the meaning of the columns inside the table, check manual as well as
check table#-##.xvg inside the top directory.
This is not a complete tutorial so you may encounter some error
messages. Just follow the instructions given, you shall be able to do it.

Yang Ye