[gmx-users] missing residues

nunolf at ci.uc.pt nunolf at ci.uc.pt
Thu Apr 6 20:52:16 CEST 2006

Quoting Jayant James Jayasundar <jayant_jacques at rediffmail.com>:

> Hi friends!
> Part of a molecule that I am trying to simulate is not
> crystallographically resolved. To be exact about 17 amino acids from
> 136-148.

Hi

Are those  residues in the Nter/Cter ? If they are, perhaps leaving the
protein
without them would be my first approach. The decision could pass by "knowing"
what's the biological relevance of those residues on the whole protein
structure.

If they are not terminal residues, then you could try to add them with a
molecular modeling program like (though 17 residues is a big chunk):
swisspdb viewer, jackal, PLOP ...

Best regards,
Nuno

Please suggest suggestions on how? I go about building these