[gmx-users] RE: Structure factor and g_rdf

Luciano Costa ltcnikit at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 16:30:20 CEST 2006

Luciano Costa wrote:
> Hi Spoel,
>

> I have great admiration for your research and effort in the developement
> of gromacs. I have this how example and inspiration for my job. In the
> last week I wrote ask all lists about an question involving structure
> factor. I believe that the people in the list, in general,  it don't
> have pratice with structure factor. I have tried to use g_rdf program
> for to analyse trajectory file with respect structure factor. The system
> simulated is constituted by polymers. I have a program that to do
> (calculate) structure factor of xyz trajectory file. I did a program
> that convert *.trr file in *.xyz file, but I would like to obtain
> structure factor by g_rdf. Unfortunatelly, I had some problems with
> respect a " list (in the C source program) "  of atom type. Look this:
>
> Fatal error:
>
> Error: atom type (opls_557) not in list (18 types checked)!
>
> In the font program have:

This is a bug/missing feature in the sense that there are GROMOS atom
types hardcoded in the program. I will have a look, but it should be
quite easy to fix for yourself if you update t_cmTAble all the way up in
the file. If you look closely you'll see that all the H entries are
dientical etc. If you have other atom types then please try to find the
correspoonding scattering factors..

--
David.

Husargatan 3, Box 596,          75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:  46 18 471 4205          fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se    spoel at gromacs.org   http://folding.bmc.uu.se

##             Luciano Tavares da Costa                ###
---->    Laboratory of Molecular
Spectroscopy    <-----
       #
http://lem.iq.usp.br; mailto: ltcnikit at gmail.com  #      ##          Zipe