[gmx-users] g_potential problem

Yinghong xieyh at hkusua.hku.hk
Tue Apr 11 16:15:36 CEST 2006

Dear Gmxers:

In my simulation, I applied a uniform electric field across the whole system, and I used
g_potential -f full -s full -o -sl 200
to observe the voltage drop along z direction.

I am confused with the voltage distribution. What time is it referred to?
Or, it is an average over the whole simulation time?

By the way, if I want to get the voltage in specific time 100ps, is it correct if I give a flag
-b 100 -e 100 following g_potentail command?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Xie YH
Hong Kong University