[gmx-users] Energy Minimization Problem

Robson P. S. Peguin ao8215 at wayne.edu
Mon Apr 17 14:21:35 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to simulate an interfacial system using Gromacs. My simulation box has water in one side and hydrofluorocarbon in the other side. This system was successfully tested using DL-POLY simulation package  previously. Also, the box containing pure hydrofluorocarbon worked fine using Gromacs. However, when I try an energy minimization simulation with the interfacial system, after a couple of steps (~400), the geometry of the hydrofluorocarbon changes. I mean, the molecules begin to lose bonds or atoms. It didn't collapse the box yet, but I can see from a visualization package that the molecules are distorted. I tried to decrease the timestep unsuccessfully. If you have any suggestions, I'll be happy to know them.

thanks

Robson

--
Robson Peguin, PhD Student
Wayne State University, ChE
e-mail: robson_peguin at wayne.edu
http://chem1.eng.wayne.edu/~sdr/
Robson P. S. Peguin, PhD Student
Wayne State University
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
Detroit - MI, 48201 - USA
2015 MBE, phone: (313) 577-1416
2348 ENG, phone: (313) 577-5765
Fax: (313)577-3810