[gmx-users] FFTW installation error: cannot compile a simple Fortran program

Ge Sunny ge_sunny at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:16:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to install FFTW from fftw3-3.0.1-4.src.rpm on Fedora Core 4:

$ rpmbuild --rebuild fftw3-3.0.1-4.src.rpm

GNU Fortran 3.2.3 g77 is available in the system. However, the installation
fails with the error in Fortran compilation:
... ...
checking for g77... g77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes
checking how to get verbose linking output from g77... configure: WARNING:
compilation failed

checking for Fortran 77 libraries...
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... none
checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme... configure: error: cannot
compile a simple Fortran program
See `config.log' for more details.

RPM build errors:

I would be grateful if anyone has any idea on how to solve the error.

Thanks

Sunny