[gmx-users] FFTW installation error: cannot compile a simple Fortran program

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 19 15:15:27 CEST 2006

Florian Haberl wrote:
> hi
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 13:16, Ge Sunny wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am trying to install FFTW from fftw3-3.0.1-4.src.rpm on Fedora Core 4:

I use the binary fftw3-3.0.1-4 on FC4 with no complaints. Why not use it?

> Your system don`t have any working fortran compiler, reinstall it, or try
> another compiler like Intel icc and ifc.
>
> Have you tried to compile normal source code, does it work, or any other
> fortran code?

Florian's advice seems sound to me. gfortran 4.0 is also an option - I
recall there was some ugliness at the time FC4 was packaged that meant
that the version of g77 was much earlier than gcc but I haven't needed
to explore that further.