[gmx-users] FFTW installation error: cannot compile asimpleFortran program

Ge Sunny ge_sunny at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:25:22 CEST 2006

Dear Florian,

Thanks for your help. The installation of FFTW3 source code does work by
setting the prefix. Then, I have set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS to install Gromacs
from gromacs-3.3.1-1.src.rpm. However, there is an error when installing
Gromacs:

$ rpmbuild -rebuild gromacs-3.3.1-1.src.rpm
... ...
checking for fftw3.h... yes
checking for main in -lfftw3f... no
configure: error: Cannot find fftw3f library

RPM build errors:
    user erikli does not exist - using root
    group el does not exist - using root
    user erikli does not exist - using root
    group el does not exist - using root

I can only find fftw3.f under ./fftw/include. Don't know what fftw3f is.

Sunny