[gmx-users] Problem in installing MPI version of Gromacs-3.3

Shankar Prasad Kanaujia spk at rishi.serc.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Apr 24 08:49:51 CEST 2006

Dear Gromacs Users,
I have problem in installing MPI version of Gromacs-3.3 on linux cluster.
I have installed fftw-3.0.1 in the Path /hpc/fftw3 and then have exported
the include and lib path of fftw in my .bashrc file before installing
gromacs-3.3.

Now I want to install gromacs in the directory /hpc/gromacs3.3 by
giving the command $./confiugre --enable-mpi --prefix=/hpc/gromacs3.3

But it is giving error while $make command.
The error is as follows:

CC1: error: to generate dependencies you must specify either -M or -MM
make[3]: *** [topio.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/hpc/gromacs-3.3/src/kernel'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/hpc/groamcs-3.3/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/hpc/gromacs-3.3/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Could somebody suggest me the solution for this problem.

Thanking you all.

With Best Regards,
Shankar Prasad Kanaujia
Ph.D Student
Bioinformatics Center, Department of SERC
IISc, Bangalore - 12
Mobile: 9845631581