[gmx-users] How to view and analysis the result trajectory of g_covar?

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:02:20 CEST 2006

Hi Shanjie Huang,

The eigenvectors in the .trr file obtained from g_covar are not really
useful for most human beings to just look at. It's better to use them for
further analysis using g_anaeig. You can do a number of things: project your
trajectory (frames) on them, filter trajectories, compare eigenvectors from
different simulations, etc. But I'd suggest to read the manual and some
tutorials on principal component analysis first.

Good luck,

Tsjerk

On 4/24/06, Shanjie Huang <suibingkuai at 123mail.org> wrote:

> Hi dear friends,
>
> I just get trajectory files using "g_covar". But how can I view this
> .trr file? I tried VMD and gOpenmol, etc and do not work.
>
> Thanks.
>

> SJ Huang
>
> --
>   Shanjie Huang
>   suibingkuai at 123mail.org
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - A fast, anti-spam email service.

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, M.Sc.
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute (GBB)
Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry
University of Groningen
Nijenborgh 4
9747AG Groningen, The Netherlands