[gmx-users] Imaging in PBC simulations

Martin LEPSIK martin.lepsik at ibs.fr
Mon Apr 24 15:41:56 CEST 2006

Dear GROMACS users,

I would like to ask you maybe a trivial question: What is the best way
to image a protein with a ligand inside
a triclinic water box?

I run an MD in GMX-3.3 with nstcomm=1, "comm_grps" and "comm_mode" not
set. I watch the movie in VMD,
protein creeps out of the box (the same happens
when using ngmx).

I have tried various variants of post-processing using trjconv -fit
(translation) -pbc (inbox, whole) -center (tric),
groups for fitting: protein or system. But in any case, the result is
the same.

Could you please advice me how to solve this? Whether it is better to
include some parameter for
mdrun or to post-process in a different way?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Martin Lepsik

--