[gmx-users] LINCS deviation

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 20:54:32 CEST 2006

Presumably this is with a standard, non-modified
forcefield.  One thing that might be worth trying (as,
perhaps, a last resort) is reducing the timestep.
It's a bad thing to have to do, because it reduces
speed massively, but might help equilibrate your
system and reduce whatever bad contacts are causing
the problem.  You could then crank up the timestep
again to something more productive.
Running at a lower temperature for a while, again,
might allow the system to settle down.