[gmx-users] do_dssp error

jahanshah ashkani ashkani_2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 13:58:15 CEST 2006

Thanks for your reply.
  I used from Gromacs on WindowsXP with command prompt. How can I change DSSP path in this environment? Thank you very much.

  Sincerely yours,
  Jahan

Miguel Ortiz Lombardia <molatwork at yahoo.es> wrote:

Hi Jahan,

First, you must make sure you have the dssp program; it doesn't come
with gromacs, but you can download it separately from:

http://swift.cmbi.ru.nl/gv/dssp/

Secondly, if 'setenv' is not working you are not on a csh/tcsh shell. Try:

export DSSP=/path_to_your_dssp_installation/dssp

This should work if you are on a sh/bash shell.

HTH,

Miguel

jahanshah ashkani wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with do_dssp command. When I ran it, I found this fatal
> error ? DSSP executable does not exist. Then I
> used from setenv DSSP command, but I found this error ?setenv is not
> recognized as an internal or external command,..?
> I would be glad if you help me in this case.
> Thank you very much.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Jahan

- --